School Tour Pack
Enrolment Application Process
2020 College tours for parents and students will commence in Term 1 and conclude in mid Term 2 (dates will be listed on tours flyer and website); they will be conducted by the college assistant principals from 9:15am–10:30am. Parents and students wishing to attend a tour can book online through our school website under 'Enrolment'. Information packs will be distributed during the tours.
School Neighbourhood Map
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has adjusted the Vermont Secondary College Zone in line with a state-wide review that has standardised all processes and documents across all DET regions.
It is important to note that some homes that were previously in the Vermont Secondary College Zone now fall outside it, and vice versa.
Please note that Vermont Secondary College has an enrolment restriction due to site capacity issues.
Year 6 to Year 7 Enrolment
All applications for Year 7 enrolment at a government secondary school are subject to the following principles:
- To provide each child with the right to a place in the designated zone school
- Wherever practical to provide parents/guardians with the opportunity to enrol their child at the same school as that being attended by an older sibling who resides at the same permanent address
- To allow parent/guardians not wishing to send their child to the designated zone school to select any other school in which space is available
- To contain enrolments in each secondary school within the limits of resource as determined by the Regional Director
If Vermont Secondary College is your designated zone school, we ask you to forward directly to the college the following documents:
- Your property's latest council rates notice OR your contract/lease agreement
- current water bill
- current gas/electricity bills
Parents/guardians have the right to apply to any other school which is not their designated zone government school. If uncertain, families should seek clarification regarding their neighbourhood status from the college or their child's primary school.
All requests from parents living outside the specific designated neighbourhood zone will be considered by the principal at each government secondary school. It must be noted however, that all placements are subject to the availability of accommodation at a particular school.
Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated government school zone
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are attending the school at the same time
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- All of the students in order of closeness of their home to school
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds
There are many things to consider ensuring the school is the best fit for your child's learning and development, such as location, enrolment availability, curriculum focus, facilities and extra curricula activities. When considering which school would be more likely to suit your child's educational needs, you may also wish to discuss the matter with your child's Year 6 teacher or primary school principal who will be able to provide personalised and customised advice. You should also take the time to visit secondary school open days, participate in school tours and attend information nights.
Should you have any questions please contact our College Registrar on 88726300 or email@example.com
The DET/NEVR Year 6 to Year 7 'Application for Year 7 Placement' form is to be returned to your child's primary school.
Year 8-12 enrolment
Demand for entry to Vermont Secondary College at these levels is high. Places are offered at the college to those students outside our school neighbourhood area only if there are vacancies. The number of vacancies varies significantly from year level to year level. Applicants will need to complete an Enrolment Enquiry Proforma. All enquiries should be directed to the Registrar on 88726300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Extension & Enrichment Program (LEEP)
Please refer to our school website for information regarding our LEEP program. Enquiries regarding ‘LEEP’ should be directed to the Assistant Principal, Ms Suzanne Plant on 88726300 or email@example.com