College tours for parents and students are conducted during Term 1 and conclude in mid Term 2. Tours are conducted by the College Assistant Principals from 9:15am–10:30am. Bookings can be made using the link on the home page. Information packs are distributed during the tours.
Our School Tours are very popular and are booked out very quickly. In Term 2 2021 we are running targeted tours for specific groups of students and we ask that you book in for the correct tour for your needs. Specifically, we ask only families of Grade 6 students book the Grade 6 tour given most of our school tours were cancelled last year due to COVID-19.
Information for Prospective Families
Enrolment Application Process
The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department's website under School zones
School Neighbourhood Map
In 2019 the Department of Education and Training (DET) adjusted the Vermont Secondary College Zone in line with a state-wide review. It is important to note that some homes that were previously in the Vermont Secondary College Zone may now fall outside it, and vice versa.
Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Please note that Vermont Secondary College has an enrolment restriction due to site capacity issues.
Year 6 to Year 7 Enrolment
All applications for Year 7 enrolment at a Government Secondary School are subject to the following principles:
- To provide each child with the right to a place in their designated zoned school
- Wherever practical to provide parents/guardians with the opportunity to enrol their child at the same school as that being attended by an older sibling who resides at the same permanent address
- To allow parent/guardians not wishing to send their child to their designated zoned school to select any other school in which space is available
- To contain enrolments in each secondary school within the limits of resource as determined by the Regional Director
If you are planning to apply for Vermont Secondary College, and it is your designated zoned school, we ask you to provide proof of residency. Please forward the following documents to email@example.com:
- Your property's latest council rates notice OR your contract/lease agreement
- current water bill
- current gas/electricity bills
Parents/guardians have the right to apply to any other school which is not their designated zoned Government School. If uncertain, families should seek clarification regarding their neighbourhood status from the College or their child's Primary School.
All requests from parents living outside the designated neighbourhood zone will be considered by the Principal at each government secondary school. It must be noted however, that all placements are subject to the availability of accommodation at a particular school.
Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated government school zone
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are attending the school at the same time
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- All of the students in order of closeness of their home to school
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds
There are many things to consider to ensure a school is the best fit for your child's learning and development, including location, enrolment availability, curriculum focus, facilities and extra curricula activities. When considering which school would be more likely to suit your child's educational needs you may also wish to discuss the matter with your child's Year 6 teacher or Primary School Principal who will be able to provide personalised and customised advice. You should also take the time to visit Secondary School open days, participate in school tours and attend information nights. Should you have any questions please contact our College Registrar on 8872 6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year 8-12 enrolment
Demand for entry to Vermont Secondary College at these levels is high. Places are offered at the College to those students outside our zone only if there are vacancies. The number of vacancies varies significantly from year level to year level. Applicants will need to complete an Enrolment Enquiry Proforma. All enquiries should be directed to the Registrar on 88726300 or email@example.com.