Vermont Secondary College experiences very high demand. Accordingly, we are currently not able to enrol students living outside of the school zone.

School Tours

Unfortunately all our tours for this year are booked out.  No more tours will be available this year. New tours will be made available in February 2025.

Information for Prospective Families

Vermont Prospectus
School Uniform
1:1 Laptop Program

Enrolment Application Process

The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.


School Neighbourhood Map

In 2019 the Department of Education and Training (DET) adjusted the Vermont Secondary College Zone in line with a state-wide review.  It is important to note that some homes that were previously in the Vermont Secondary College Zone may now fall outside it, and vice versa.

Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.  Please note that Vermont Secondary College has an enrolment restriction due to site capacity issues.


100-point residential address check

You may be asked to provide documents to verify your child’s permanent residence. Any combination of the following documents is acceptable, as long as they add up to at least 100 points. Residential address check

Document showing the full name of the child’s parent/carer and address


1.     One of the following:

1.1.        Council rates notice OR

1.2.        Lease agreement through a registered real estate agent or rental board bond receipt OR

1.3.        Exchanged contract of sale

40 each

2.     Any of the following

2.1.        Centrelink payment statement showing home address

2.2.        Electoral roll statement

20 each

3.     Any of the following documents

3.1.        Electricity or gas bill showing the service address*

3.2.        Water bill showing the service address*

3.3.        Telephone or internet bill showing the service address*

3.4.        Driver’s licence or government issued ID showing current home address*

3.5.        Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address

3.6.        Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address

15  each

*    Up to 3 months old

Year 6 to Year 7 Enrolment

All applications for Year 7 enrolment at a Government Secondary School are subject to the following principles:

  • To provide each child with the right to a place in their designated zoned school
  • Wherever practical to provide parents/guardians with the opportunity to enrol their child at the same school as that being attended by an older sibling who resides at the same permanent address
  • To allow parent/guardians not wishing to send their child to their designated zoned school to select any other school in which space is available
  • To contain enrolments in each secondary school within the limits of resource as determined by the Regional Director

If you are planning to apply for Vermont Secondary College, and it is your designated zoned school, we ask you to provide proof of residency in form of 100 points from the table above.

Applications are made via your Government primary school, not directly to the secondary school.  If your student is currently enrolled in an independent or Catholic school please contact the Registrar at for more information.

Parents/guardians have the right to apply to any other school which is not their designated zoned Government School. If uncertain, families should seek clarification regarding their neighbourhood status from the College or their child's Primary School.

All requests from parents living outside the designated neighbourhood zone will be considered by the Principal at each government secondary school. It must be noted however, that all placements are subject to the availability of accommodation at a particular school.

Where there is insufficient accommodation at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:

  1. Students for whom the school is the designated government school zone
  2. Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are attending the school at the same time
  3. Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
  4. Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
  5. All of the students in order of closeness of their home to school
  6. In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds

There are many things to consider to ensure a school is the best fit for your child's learning and development, including location, enrolment availability, curriculum focus, facilities and extra curricula activities. When considering which school would be more likely to suit your child's educational needs you may also wish to discuss the matter with your child's Year 6 teacher or Primary School Principal who will be able to provide personalised and customised advice. You should also take the time to visit Secondary School open days, participate in school tours and attend information nights.  Should you have any questions please contact our College Registrar on 03 8872 6300 or

Year 8-12 Enrolment

Demand for entry to Vermont Secondary College at these levels is high. Places are offered at the College to those students outside our zone only if there are vacancies. The number of vacancies varies significantly from year level to year level. Applicants will need to complete the application form. All enquiries should be directed to the Registrar on 03 8872 6300 or