STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR VSCCA:
VERMONT SECONDARY COLLEGE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION (VSCCA)
Since the interests of the students form the basis of this very active group, all parents/caregivers are urged to join and support the VSCCA. Students often feel they have more support if their parents/caregivers are involved. The group co-operates in various ways with the School Council in furthering interest in the college.
The VSC Community Association aims:
- To contribute to the wellbeing and engagement of the College Community (students, parents/caregivers and staff)
- To liaise with the College Council and the Principal in identifying needs and concerns within the College Community
- To encourage the participation of all parents/caregivers in the life of the school and the education of their children
- To provide opportunities for parents/caregivers to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school and general education issues
- To raise funds for the benefit of the school and disburse these funds as required.
Amongst other things, the VSC Community Association organises the following:
- Information evenings/speakers
- Catering for a number of school functions
- Second hand uniform and book sales
- Fundraising activities
- Social functions
The VSCCA meets once a month at 7pm on a Wednesday evening to allow a range of community members to attend and contribute. The meetings will provide the opportunity for community members to meet, be informed about college activities, and to contribute to college life. Meeting dates and times will be published in the college newsletter and on the website – they will also be emailed to those who are VSCCA registered members.