Vermont Secondary College was established in 1962, and is set in an attractive and tranquil natural environment surrounded by quiet residential areas, parkland and playing fields. Our students experience a stimulating physical environment that is conducive to learning.
The learning and teaching facilities include:
- The recently opened Central Wing with 10 spacious, well-appointed classrooms, including two large Information Technology labs, two new Junior Science rooms and six multipurpose flexible classrooms.
- A natural light filled Library/Technology Centre,
- The Senior Study Centre with collaborative and quiet study spaces,
- The Year 7 Learning Centre with flexible Learning spaces, including the Year 7 student managers office conveniently located to support Year 7 students.
- A purpose built Senior Science Centre opened in 2017,
- The Student Wellbeing and Pathways Centre,
- An Art and Technology Wing,
- The Instrumental and Classroom Music Centre with a large performance space,
- A Gym,
- A well maintained Synthetic Soccer/Hockey Pitch,
- A Football/Cricket Oval,
- Four outdoor Basketball/Netball/ Tennis Courts,
- A Performing Arts Theatre
- Flexible Learning Centre, including the Fallon Centre Auditorium.
- Our five star rated college owned and operated canteen
- Spacious indoor areas for students during inclement weather
We look forward to the construction of a new competition standard gymnasium in 2022. This will further enhance our highly successful Physical Education and Sport programs